Seth Godin continues to be creative, innovative, and always worth listening; a marketing guru who wears many hats well. A recent post was on questions for leaders. I have adapted these for the world of those leading complex programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Do you let the facts get in the way of a good story?
- How do you work with people who disagree with you... do you call them names in order to shut them down?
- Are you open to multiple points of view or do you demand compliance and uniformity?
- Are you willing to walk away from a project, customer, or employee who has values that don't match yours?
- Can you let someone else get the credit?
- How often are you able to change your position?
- Do you have a goal(s) that can be reached in multiple ways?
- If someone else can get your team there faster, are you willing to let them?