Tom Peters reminded me the power of knowing whether one is "walking the talk" as a leader by looking at their calendar. Do not show me the 50 slide presentation set of slides on what is being done to imporve the management of complex programs---rather show me your calendar.
- Review what % of time is spent on leading your work?
- What % is spent on developing your people?
- Where do you spend your time?
- What do your meetings focus on?
- Are those meetings productive?
Review that calendar...now make a difference with your team.